Connect & Ingest data from / to a MySQL database
The following credentials keys are accepted:
host(required) -> The hostname / ip of the instance
user(required) -> he username to access the instance
database(required) -> The database name of the instance
schema(optional) -> The default schema to use
password(optional) -> The password to access the instance
port(optional) -> The port of the instance. Default is
Here is an example of setting a connection named
MYSQL. We must provide the
$ sling conns set MYSQL type=mysql host=<host> user=<user> database=<database> password=<password> port=<port>
# OR use url
$ sling conns set MYSQL url=mysql://myuser:[email protected]:3306/mydatabase
- On top, click New Connection.
- Search for "MySQL". Click on it.
- Input the needed information.
- Click Test to verify connectivity.
- Click Save to save the connection.
To allow Sling to access your database, we need to create a user with the proper privileges. Please follow the steps below:
- 1.First you’ll need to login as a user with
GRANT OPTIONprivileges. Create a user
sling(or whatever you prefer) by running :CREATE USER 'sling'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY '<password>';
- 2.If you are planning to load data into this connection, you need to grant the following privileges to that user so we can create tables in schema sling:CREATE SCHEMA sling;GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, CREATE VIEW ON sling.* TO 'sling'@'%';
- 3.If you are planning to extract data from this connection, you need to give permission to read the tables you'd like Sling to extract.-- To give read access to all tables in a specific schemaGRANT SELECT ON <schema_name>.* TO 'sling'@'%';
If your database instance is secured behind a cloud firewall, please whitelist the IP addresses listed here. We may not be able to establish a connection without this step.